[wp-docs] Linking to other languages on each page

bono bonops at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 12:22:06 GMT 2009

Hi,

I'm a system admin of Japanese Codex. Our Codex pages have
links to English and other languages, like Wikipedia's sidebar [1].
(e.g. Japanese "Template Tags" page [2])

Similarly, will you consider adding such sidebar links to English
Codex using "Interlanguage Links" function of Mediawiki? [3]

You need to add a new row (see below) into the interwiki table[4]
for English Codex database.
Who should I talk with about this? (system admin of Codex?)

iw_prefix | iw_url                                             |iw_local | iw_trans
----------+------------------------------------+---------+----------
ja             | http://wpdocs.sourceforge.jp/$1 | 1           | 0

If English Codex skin doesn't have "otherlanguages" section, like
ones in skins/MonoBook.php file, it might also need to add this
section.

Thank you!

[1]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page#p-lang
[2]: http://wpdocs.sourceforge.jp/%E3%83%86%E3%83%B3%E3%83%97%E3%83%AC%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%82%BF%E3%82%B0#p-lang