[wp-docs] Special Note About the Delete Plugin and Plugin Uninstall

Lorelle VanFossen lorellevan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 01:01:45 GMT 2009

Thanks, Jacob.

The information about this should go in two places. First, as an advisory to
those using WordPress Plugins as a warning to not uninstall the Plugin
unless they really want to remove all settings and database information.
That goes in the Managing Plugins article.

The other needs to go into the Plugin development area, at first on how to
write a WordPress Plugin, and possibly elsewhere. The functions and such
need to be in the WordPress Functions pages as well. Part of the development
documentation.

Can you add it or do you want me to? I can add it to the Managing Plugins
article, but your development expertise would be better for the other areas.

Thank you. This is an invaluable catch.