[wp-docs] File naming problem for the __() function

Charles K. Clarkson cclarkson at htcomp.net
Sun Mar 1 04:45:23 GMT 2009

Hello All,

I took the liberty to name the __ function page _2 since Mediawiki
apparently squashes multiple underscores. I doubt most people will
notice it, but I placed a note above the page Description heading giving
a brief explanation of the error.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/_2

I tried using __ and __function as well but Mediawiki didn't like those.

Could someone more learned see if there is a better solution?

Perhaps it might be possible to create a redirect from
/Function_Reference/__ to Function_Reference/_2 to get around Mediawiki.

I didn't test to see if this is an Apache limitation to the file name.

HTH,

Charles Clarkson
--
Mobile Home Investor