[wp-docs] theme and plugin compatibility pages

Lorelle VanFossen lorellevan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 21:40:44 UTC 2009

I've been thinking about this issue. It was a big deal when there were
dramatic differences between versions which impacted which Theme and Plugin.
When the Plugin directory (extend) came fully into being, we finally removed
all the Plugin links pages. We got rid of cataloging Themes a long time ago,
so remind me again why we need to do this compatibility list if WordPress
now has auto-updating and installation of Themes and Plugins?

The key question on the compatibility lists is to which version are we going
to manually pay tribute to those who keep their work updated and not?

What do you all say about stopping the manual compatibility pages for
Plugins and Themes for the next release of WordPress?

Lorelle