[wp-docs] new spam attack style

Lorelle VanFossen lorellevan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 14:47:08 UTC 2009

Just heard from Barry Abrahamson of Automattic/WordPress about the issue of
protecting the Codex from the spammers who revert their own spammy
intrusions into the Codex:

- - - - - - - - -

Did a few things:

1) Added robots.txt as Jeremy suggested.
2) Enabled the revision delete permission for syspos -- you can read more
here:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:RevisionDelete

This should allow you to easily hide the contents of a spam revision from
the history, etc.

Thanks, Barry!!!!!

This should help. Please report in if you are having any trouble with these
changes.

Thanks,

Lorelle