[wp-docs] favicon.ico linked to a wiki page

Charles K. Clarkson cclarkson at htcomp.net
Tue Jan 27 05:17:31 GMT 2009

jidanni at jidanni.org wrote:

> And low and behold right there in your headers is <link rel="shortcut
> icon" href="/favicon.ico" />

     On the main Codex Docs page, a little farther down there is this:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://s.wordpress.org/favicon.ico"
type="image/x-icon" />

     I don't see that first link on every Codex page. Perhaps it was not
removed when the icon file was last updated.

> I would recommenced you cease and desist from messing up your wiki.

     I used to play a lot of Dungeons and Dragons. One game we had a
new player and I threw a new characteristic into the game. The new guy
cried foul because there was no such characteristic in the rules. He
said, "You are ruining your game." To which a long time player replied,
"Operative words there 'your game.' It's his game to mess up."

     You can make this wiki your wiki by getting involved. If you see
something wrong, change it. If it is something you cannot change, *ask*
who can and contact them. Be courteous. You will attract more flies with
honey than with vinegar.

> Well, today to see if I could see you favicon, I fired up Firefox, and
> boy what a wait, google-analytic links, the works. Never waited around
> for it to finish.

     There is always room for improvement. Perhaps you could submit some
solutions that solve the problems you are seeing.

HTH,

Charles Clarkson
--
Mobile Home Investor