[wp-docs] New WordPress Handbook

mrmist listswpdocs at mist.org.uk
Fri Jan 23 17:08:24 GMT 2009

In message <4978FD2D.70209 at mullenweg.com>, Matt Mullenweg
<m at mullenweg.com> writes
>mrmist wrote:
>> Yeah that could be a concern really.  You only have to look at the
>>wordpress trac, there's 340 tickets marked has-patch.  Some of them
>>are  3 years old.  If the manual goes that way it would get stale
>>really quickly.
>
>Just because there's a patch for something doesn't mean it should be
>accepted.

For sure, it has to be reviewed and might not be suitable etc.. But
really that's not the point.  The point is that something should happen
with the tickets.  Quite a lot of the WP trac tickets with patches just
get bumped until they become redundant or outdated.  Of course this is
not a discussion about WP trac, but all I was meaning was that It'd be a
shame if that happened with the doc tickets as well.

Of course noone knows yet what would happen with this.  Let's hope it is
all a smooth system.

--
mrmist