[wp-docs] New WordPress Handbook

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Thu Jan 22 19:12:13 GMT 2009

The Manual is a concise, detailed explanation with a limited and defined
set of topics. The Codex is a guide, which consists of topics which
range from anything and everything, which are in some areas easy to find
and others more difficult to find. The problem with the Codex, which the
Manual will solve is that some topics have a lot of information and
others have none or stub amount of information. In theory, the Manual
will contain enough information to understand the concept and work off
of it, but doesn't mean that it will contain all knowledge on that topic.

Therefore, the Manual will contain more concise, detailed information
that pinpoint problem and solutions with the explanation with the topics
it covers. The edge cases, will have to be covered on the Codex.

That is how I would see the Manual, if I were to write it. Also, look at
the OpenX ad Manual system and what it contains vs what the Codex
contains. In some areas, the information is a lot and covers what you
need, but I've found that there are several areas where the information
given is not enough or accurate enough, which the Codex would be better
to explain.

Jacob Santos