[wp-docs] New WordPress Handbook

Lorelle VanFossen lorellevan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 19:27:31 GMT 2009

The Handbook will link to expanded information in the Codex, when
appropriate, as that is a natural function of the two, I'm sure. After all,
instead of code it will be content, and there will be links to appropriate
and related content within the documentation of the Handbook.

And I agree. This is VERY cool and has a lot of potential for integration
within the WordPress Administration Panels as well as a "stand alone book."
We get a lot of requests for a printed version of the Codex, and the SVN
Handbook will have that feature built in, though I'd hate to think of all
the wasted paper if they printed out the WHOLE thing. :D

There is a lot of work that has to go into the integration of the content
into Subversion, and creation of forms for us to add and patch content in
documentation style rather than strictly code, but the Subversion book has
already laid the groundwork and we have a lot to learn from their past
mistakes. It's back to the books, folks. :D

I'm very excited about this next step. We have a LOT of work on the Codex to
do, along side the Handbook development, so let's get cracking!