[wp-docs] Singleton Glossary Term

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Tue Jan 20 12:51:05 GMT 2009

After getting my ass spanked on my own blog for screwing up [2] the
definition for Singleton, I've decided to fix the Glossary Term [1]. It
is interesting that class patterns would be part of the WordPress Codex,
figuring that while most class patterns are possible in PHP4, it is
usually not as well defined as it should be by using an language that
actually supports the proper constructs to implement the pattern correctly.

If anyone wants to rewrite the glossary term to remove the erroneous
example(s), then they can be my guest.

Jacob Santos

[1] http://codex.wordpress.org/Glossary#Singleton

[2]
http://funcdoc.wordpress.com/2008/01/16/writing-plugins-dont-overuse-singletons/
- Blog is currently dead. Haven't posted there in a while.