[wp-docs] Codex menus

mrmist listswpdocs at mist.org.uk
Fri Jan 9 21:18:17 GMT 2009

In message <CDAB8DF5-5DEB-4888-ABEE-7525BC49B1B5 at automattic.com>, Noel
Jackson <noel at automattic.com> writes
>Apologies for not speaking out sooner (my day's been busy!)
>
>The codex is in a little bit of a flux. I've been working with Lorelle
>and Matt Thomas to get some bugs squashed and some layout issues taken
>care of - but it's a bit of a process.
>
>We're still debating on how to handle the sidebar, but for now, a two
>column design allows better readability than the three column layout
>before. I can see arguments for both, but I believe with a better
>organized sidebar, the two column layout will prevail.

Yep.  I've absolutely no issues with a two-column layout.  I only
mentioned it really in case it was actually broken somehow.  The bits
that got me were firstly that the "home page" bit got lost (there's no
section head and ideally I think it would be at the top) and that I
wasn't expecting to be over the right hand side for the recent activity.

I suppose it depends on what the aim is, but one thing I would consider
is that the menu in WordPress itself has migrated from top to left, not
top to right.  It might be nice to keep some UI consistency.(By which I
mean keep the menu on the left.)   Obviously though everyone will have
their own view.  It's not massively important.

--
mrmist