[wp-docs] Codex menus

Charles K. Clarkson cclarkson at htcomp.net
Thu Jan 8 21:33:18 GMT 2009

mrmist wrote:

> Recent Changes is even worse, it used to be fairly accessible but now
> it's off the bottom of the screen.

     Why rely on the web page navigation? Bookmark it in your browser.

     I have a Projects button on my Firefox toolbar. I click on the
button and a drop-down menu appears. The Codex folder has all my most
visited destinations on the Codex.

     When I'm uploading and editing function pages in the Codex I like
to have certain tabs open every time. In Firefox, I created a folder
under the Codex folder mentioned above with bookmarks to these pages. At
the bottom of the menu for that folder is an "Open All in Tabs" option.
I click on that menu option and all the tabs I want open for me. No
muss. No Fuss.

     Web page designers change layouts based on customer complaints and
     other input. There are a few marketing groups which do tests to see
what the average user wants and what turns them away. Frequent users are
rarely average users. There is a constant trade-off between pleasing
existing users and attracting new users.

     Still, I find the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

HTH,

Charles Clarkson
--
Mobile Home Investor