[wp-docs] Obsolte codex page

S K skichu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 17:05:22 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:04 PM, mrmist<listswpdocs at mist.org.uk> wrote:

> I don't think that this page and the "static front page" page are trying to
> explain the same thing. Static front page is just that, this is about the
> structure of the rest of the blog.
>================

I wish to disagree. If you could read through the page, you'll find it
is irrelevant now. Making a home.php and blog.php are passe.

Moreover I tested it by doing as instructed - except making those
templates. The result was you could access your posts through URl
http://your-site.com/blog/%year%/%monthnum%/%postname%/ etc. But when
you try http://your-site.com/blog/, you get a 404 error.

And the procedure doesn't serve any purpose nor is it used by anyone IMHO.

We had better deprecate it.

S.K

--
You are autistic if you are not an asshole.

S.K
http://www.cyberbrahma.com/ - My main web site
http://www.cyberbrahma.com/blog/ - My English Blog
http://kichu.cyberbrahma.com/ - My Tamil Blog