[wp-docs] Codex page needs to be rewritten

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Mon Aug 17 15:20:40 UTC 2009

S K wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 7:30 PM, Jennifer Hodgdon<yahgrp at poplarware.com> wrote:
>
>> There's a bold-face paragraph at the top saying that page is not applicable
>> as of WordPress 2.1, and it points to
>>   http://codex.wordpress.org/Settings_Reading_SubPanel
>> which documents how to set your front page. What more do you think needs to
>> be done?
>> ==================
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> But the "pointing" is not prominent. To wit, it is unobtrusive in a
> row of links to "Administration", "Settings" and "Reading", giving an
> impression that the link will lead to an explanation page about each
> term.
>
> What I feel is that a specific sentence stating explicitly that
> "instructions for creating a static front page with post 2.1 versions
> can be found at this page" - with a link to that sub-page.

Please go ahead and edit that page as you suggested. Also, Frankie
could make a new page that further explains how to do that setting,
and link from this page. The Codex is a Wiki, and is definitely open
to anyone who has good ideas improving it.

Regards,
    Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com