[wp-docs] Codex page needs to be rewritten

S K skichu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 14:51:47 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 7:30 PM, Jennifer Hodgdon<yahgrp at poplarware.com> wrote:

> There's a bold-face paragraph at the top saying that page is not applicable
> as of WordPress 2.1, and it points to
>   http://codex.wordpress.org/Settings_Reading_SubPanel
> which documents how to set your front page. What more do you think needs to
> be done?
>==================

Thanks for your reply.

But the "pointing" is not prominent. To wit, it is unobtrusive in a
row of links to "Administration", "Settings" and "Reading", giving an
impression that the link will lead to an explanation page about each
term.

What I feel is that a specific sentence stating explicitly that
"instructions for creating a static front page with post 2.1 versions
can be found at this page" - with a link to that sub-page.

For the sake of cognition-challenged folks like me (dyslexic, if you prefer!)

S.K

--
You are autistic if you are not an asshole.

S.K
http://www.cyberbrahma.com/ - My main web site
http://www.cyberbrahma.com/blog/ - My English Blog
http://kichu.cyberbrahma.com/ - My Tamil Blog