[wp-docs] Introduction and Proposal

Lorelle on WordPress lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 17:23:40 GMT 2008

That was the goal, however, we "should" be liking to the explanation
documentation of "writable" and such to save some words and speed up the
process for those who understand how these things works.

You make an assumption that those digging into the template tags and
functions have no idea what they are doing. By the time someone gets to
those pages, they have some ideas, so we have to be careful not to bore
those who do. :D Linking is a key way of connecting all the educational
content together without boring the intermediate user or overwhelming
beginners.

I like your style and it sounds like it would be wonderful for the tags and
functions. We worked very hard for a long time to give quality VISIBLE
examples, and I recommend generically styled screenshots or screencasts now
in these pages to help show examples of usage rather than duplicating them
exactly with inline CSS as was originally done. We need to incorporate more
of the visible to serve that audience in the Codex.

Thanks for taking this on. This sounds wonderful. What a wonderful gift to
give back to the WordPress Community. Let me/us know how we can help you
through the process and if you have any questions.