[wp-docs] Re: Proposal for Codex:Guidelines

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Mon Mar 17 19:59:35 GMT 2008

Bridie Sullivan wrote:
> The style guide can be found here:
> http://codex.wordpress.org/User:bsulliv3/style_guide

I'm not sure I agree with all of the capitalization/usage ideas
either. Did you take the non-WordPress recommendations from a
particular style guide? If not, I would suggest consulting one that is
considered authoritative. Some concerns I have:
    * Some style guides suggest always capitalizing Internet
    * I don't think "website" and particularly "homepage" should be
written without spaces in them. I've never seen "mailserver" written
as a single word.
    * Since all the other WP-specific items are capitalized, why not
Blogroll?
    * How common is it to spell "email" with a hyphen? That seems
outdated to me.

Just my 2 cents; I'm not an editor by trade...

There are also a couple of typos: (a) Under Link Categories, it says
to "categorize" instead of "capitalize" both words. (b) Also near the
bottom, the example for "checkbox" is missing the word checkbox, I
think -- it should say "select the xyz checkbox".

     --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com

Drupal/WordPress Sites, Themes, Modules/Plugins
Custom Web Programming, Web Databases
Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software