[wp-docs] Long pages

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Tue Mar 11 14:18:18 GMT 2008

Peter Westwood wrote:

> Michael E. Hancock wrote:
> | One thing you can do is place [[Category:UI Link]] in those articles that
> | you link in the WordPress core.

> +1 to this new Category

Actually, it's not new. Perhaps underused, though. :)

> Should we also add a template to the pages and lock them for general
> editing?

-100 to that idea. Putting barriers up to people editing the Codex is
a bad idea, in my opinion. It's difficult enough now to get people to
contribute to the Codex -- very useful to at least be able to say on
Hackers "Oh, can you go fix that problem you just pointed out,
please?" I realize these are high-profile articles, but I'm still
against having a hierarchy of "you are only allowed to do this much
until you prove yourself" in the Codex.

     --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com

Drupal/WordPress Sites, Themes, Modules/Plugins
Custom Web Programming, Web Databases
Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software