[wp-docs] Proposal for Codex:Guidelines

Bridie Sullivan bsulliv3 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 02:29:54 GMT 2008

I'm an editor and I was trying to contribute by editing some of the pages,
but was not able to find editing standards. I think having some guidelines
will help keep the document consistent and clear for users.  I have a couple
of associates who have also noticed this deficiency and are willing to help
out on this project.

I would like to modify the Codex:Guidelines page by adding a section with
style information. Proposed topics include proper style for writing about
the interface (e.g., how to refer to a button or link), proper action words
to use with the interface (e.g., click a button, press a key, select a check
box), and grammatical errors/inconsistencies (e.g., Internet/internet, Web
site/website, log in/login).

Does this sound like it would be helpful?