[wp-docs] Plugins list *poof*

Michael E. Hancock mhancock at us.net
Fri Jan 25 18:51:56 GMT 2008

From: "Kaf Oseo" <kaf at szub.net>

> http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugins
>
> We had a nice, large collection of plugins listed under a few dozen
> categories here. It's gone now. Was the removal discussed somewhere
> where those involved with the Codex might have seen it?
>
> Are there plans to provide a more effective space for such a plugins
> directory? Extend is not a directory. I have no plans to host my plugins
> on Extend, so the only opportunity I along with others in the same boat
> have to get plugins listed on any semi-official locale was in the Codex
> Plugin pages.
>
> Before replying, let's not get into the weaknesses of using Codex for
> this. I agree with all of them. But it was the only thing we had. If a
> better solution is in the works, fantastic; I'm on board. If not...

Kaf,

Lorelle's comment on those deleted Plugin pages is::
"deleted per July 2006 decision to remove Plugin lists from Codex"

and could be related to the same comment made when the Theme pages were
purged in September 2007:
"changed link to direct users to Theme Viewer per Matt's decision in July"

MichaelH