[wp-docs] Plugins list *poof*

Kaf Oseo kaf at szub.net
Fri Jan 25 05:19:14 GMT 2008

http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugins

We had a nice, large collection of plugins listed under a few dozen
categories here. It's gone now. Was the removal discussed somewhere
where those involved with the Codex might have seen it?

Are there plans to provide a more effective space for such a plugins
directory? Extend is not a directory. I have no plans to host my plugins
on Extend, so the only opportunity I along with others in the same boat
have to get plugins listed on any semi-official locale was in the Codex
Plugin pages.

Before replying, let's not get into the weaknesses of using Codex for
this. I agree with all of them. But it was the only thing we had. If a
better solution is in the works, fantastic; I'm on board. If not...

-Kaf