[wp-docs] Codex license: CC better than GPL?

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Tue Feb 26 18:56:07 GMT 2008

Alex Günsche wrote:
> By the way, you might wonder why I'm proposing this; the reason is that
> we are currently working on a new German documentation, and the GPL is
> very bad to handle questions like translatabilty, or compatibility with
> documentary work in other legislations than the US.

You allude to several issues, it'd be good to hear specifics of what a
GPL license prevents us from doing.

People seem to be able to translate our GPL code just fine, what's the
issues with translating the Codex?

 > *** Want to test the shiny new release of InstantUpgrade? ***
 > http://www.zirona.com/blog/software/instantupgrade-10-beta/

Would also love to have your feedback on the built-in upgrade stuff
inside WP 2.5.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://ma.tt | http://automattic.com