[wp-docs] Limitations on styling DIVs in Codex

Gaarai gaarai at gaarai.com
Sat Dec 27 01:54:59 GMT 2008

Looking through the CSS for Codex, I find the following:

    #bodyContent div {
        background: none !important;
        border: none !important;
        font-size: 100% !important;
        padding: 0 !important;
        margin: 0 !important;
    }

These settings severely limit the ability to style DIVs. For example,
I'm trying to style a DIV to look like the PRE blocks with support for
word-wrap, just like the Codex:Styles page recommends. I can't do this
(easily) due to these rules. Also, certain elements lose their styling
due to this, such as the styling for draft copy.

Is there a reason for these rules being present?

--
Chris Jean
http://gaarai.com/