[wp-docs] Function Reference a Mess

Michael Fields michael at mfields.org
Thu Apr 17 03:47:47 GMT 2008

I would agree that the page looks horrible.
All the info is crammed together & definitions are sparse.
I think that it would be a great idea to add a two column layout w/
definition, or maybe even a one column layout like php.net does:
http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.array.php

Another thing that came to mind while looking at the Function Reference
page, was that some functions have braces which contain the accepted
parameters. This is also inconsistent. Some functions even have the type
of parameter see: 'wp_update_post( $postarr=array() )'...

And added note: Might it be useful to include a link to a function cross
reference on this page for advanced users?

I don't know the policies to well as I am new to this list - Just wanted
to throw in my opinions.

My name is Mike by the way.

And I love WordPress!!!

And am willing to help out.