[wp-docs] Function Reference a Mess

Lorelle VanFossen lorellevan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 00:15:07 GMT 2008

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/ is a mess.

The Function Reference should match, in look and style, the Template Tags
page. The Template Tags master directory page is set up with the template
tags listed under each "category" of use. So the Function Reference page
started out.

People have now been attempting to add a "definition" of the functions into
the list and it looks horrible.

If we recreate the list to display functions and definition, it must be
consistent and available for EVERY function - and then the same technique
applied to the Template Tags page.

So the question is, do we stick to the format set in the  Template Tags or
redefine both with function/tag and definitions (a two column layout for
every section)?