[wp-docs] Proposing a new template

MichaelH justmichaelh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 19:45:59 GMT 2008

From: "Ozh" <ozh at planetozh.com>
> On SVN (the software used to track bugs, file bugs, file patch and so
> on in WordPress) you can give your reports differents "tags", and
> amongst them "has-patch", "needs-feedback" and "2nd-opinion"
>
> As I understand it, Steve's proposal is to create something similar.
> Stubs and Copyedits have their roles, but as I see it, there's a wide
> margin between "this is a stub" and "this looks quite decent to me but
> maybe some guru will fix a thing or two". I for one would like such a
> tag in the Codex :)

Not sure about the tag thing with MediaWiki, but there is the Category
structure.  So just put [[Category|Needs Review]] on such articles.
Then just browse to [1] to see the articles needing peer review.

That avoids another template that reportedly upsets our beloved readers, and
still gives a quick way to access those articles.

[1]  http://codex.wordpress.org/Category:Needs_Review

MichaelH