[wp-docs] New to the list - 2.5 Changes

MichaelH justmichaelh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 04:35:23 GMT 2008

From: "Alissa Miller" <alissa.miller at simmons.edu>
> I'm new to this list and am not really sure about what the
> appropriate protocol for editing things is. For example, I'm noticing
> since WP 2.5 is out now, that a lot of pages reference Administration
> Panels > Options. In WordPress 2.5 this is now Administration Panels
> > Settings.

Any work in this arena is greatly appreciated.  Easiest way to do that might
be to see what links to a given panel, say the Reading_Options_SubPanel [1],
then fix the articles. Below [2] are the 'wikid' links to the relative
'Settings' article that you can copy and paste into articles referencing the
old Options.

> Should this be changed? Should there be some note about how it is
> different in the two versions?

Not too sure this is necessary.  Besides it's just a chore making sure the
articles reflect the 'current how it works' let alone how it changed from
previous versions.

Thanks for asking and for your interest!!!

MichaelH

[1]
http://codex.wordpress.org/Special:Whatlinkshere/Readings_Options_SubPanel

[2] Wiki version of links
[[Administration_Panels|Administration]] >
[[Administration_Panels#General|Settings]] >
[[Settings_General_SubPanel|General]]
[[Administration_Panels|Administration]] >
[[Administration_Panels#Writing|Settings]] >
[[Settings_Writing_SubPanel|Writing]]
[[Administration_Panels|Administration]] >
[[Administration_Panels#Reading|Settings]] >
[[Settings_Reading_SubPanel|Reading]]
[[Administration_Panels|Administration]] >
[[Administration_Panels#Discussion|Settings]] >
[[Settings_Discussion_SubPanel|Discussion]]
[[Administration_Panels|Administration]] >
[[Administration_Panels#Privacy|Settings]] >
[[Settings_Privacy_SubPanel|Privacy]]
[[Administration_Panels|Administration]] >
[[Administration_Panels#Permalinks|Settings]] >
[[Settings_Permalinks_SubPanel|Permalinks]]
[[Administration_Panels|Administration]] >
[[Administration_Panels#Miscellaneous|Settings]] >
[[Settings_Miscellaneous_SubPanel|Miscellaneous]]