[wp-docs] Re: wp-docs Digest, Vol 30, Issue 2

Yosemite yosemite at samdevol.com
Thu Sep 6 15:27:26 GMT 2007

Absolutely! I can't tell you how un-friendly WP releases feel to me as a
developer/web-monkey.When/if something breaks (and we know that's coming
with 2.3/taxonomy/DB-changes/etc.) it's hours of research to find the
tidbits of unorganized information available to allow a less-then-decent
guess at how to address these 'bumps' in upgrading (was seriously
thinking of just going on and on with that sentence, but, you get my
drift err rant).

I'll take a look at Lloyd's linkage (sorry, BLOGROLL) and see if I can
lend a hand(?).

-Sam Devol

wp-docs-request at lists.automattic.com wrote:

Lloyd Budd wrote:

> > WordPress 2.3 is only a few weeks away, Sept. 24, and I'm hoping this
> > brilliant team can help us have some docu fun!

Some things that need to be documented for developers of themes and
plugins:

  - new tag-related template functions
  - new filters/actions (and any old ones that are deprecated)

Probably there are other changes... ??

     --Jennifer