[wp-docs] Redundancy in article titles

Matthew Paul Thomas mpt at myrealbox.com
Sun May 6 18:26:11 GMT 2007

On May 1, 2007, at 4:00 PM, Lorelle VanFossen wrote:

> It's not just about the search engine titles. It's bigger. When
> someone links, they link to "WordPress Coding Standards" and people
> know what that is. If they link to "Coding Standards", well, what's
> that?
>
> An issue that is a little overlooked here is how HARD so many have
> been working on getting the word out that the WordPress Codex is the
> MANUAL for WordPress. Even now, not many WordPress users know what a
> Codex is, let alone that it is a manual for them. Ah, if I were in
> change of naming things...WordPress Pages would be known as "leaves".
> ;-)

You could solve both problems in one step: instead of having titles of
the form "Foo Bar « WordPress Codex", use "WordPress Help: Foo bar".

For example:
*   WordPress Help: Upgrading
*   WordPress Help: Design and layout
*   WordPress Help: First steps
*   WordPress Help: Using themes
*   WordPress Help: Tips for high-traffic sites

Then you need never add the word "WordPress" yourself, and nor will you
need to keep explaining the word "codex".

Cheers
--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/