[wp-docs] Redundancy in article titles

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Tue May 1 10:06:36 GMT 2007

On 5/1/07, Lorelle VanFossen <lorelle at cameraontheroad.com> wrote:
> It's not just about the search engine titles. It's bigger. When someone
> links, they link to "WordPress Coding Standards" and people know what
> that is. If they link to "Coding Standards", well, what's that?

I am gonna pass on this one... have stated my case twice already ;)

> An issue that is a little overlooked here is how HARD so many have been
> working on getting the word out that the WordPress Codex is the MANUAL
> for WordPress. Even now, not many WordPress users know what a Codex is,
> let alone that it is a manual for them. Ah, if I were in change of
> naming things...WordPress Pages would be known as "leaves". ;-)

First result for "wordpress documentation" on major search engines -
linked to from wordpress.org and wordpress.com - I mean if someone
still can't find the codex when looking for wordpress docs, then it is
no fault of ours.

The term "codex" was chosen so that there is a unique name for the
documentation, not just "wordpress documentation". I have a sneaky
feeling that if we had a vote on it now we'd choose "wordpress
documentation resource" as the the name of wiki and
wordpress-documentation-wiki.org as the url :)

Lorelle, good thing you weren't in charge - wrt "Leaves". If my about
page leaves, then who'd talk "about" me?

Carthik.

> --
> Lorelle VanFossen
> On the Road