[wp-docs] [Fwd: Mumbo jumbo]

Lorelle VanFossen lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Fri Mar 9 18:41:04 GMT 2007

While it is fun to poke at the "mumbo jumbo", and indeed, the
responsibility for solving the problem of installation and upgrades
reside with the developers to make this simpler for the simple (which
can include some very savvy folks, not just simpletons), the WordPress
Lessons part of the Codex were written and developed with "simpletons"
in mind. We need more in that area.

Part of the Table of Contents reorganization I'm working on will help to
direct those who need more handholding to the WordPress Lessons and
advanced users to the more advanced sections. We need to cater to all
needs from totally web ignorant to master developer. That makes the task
of the Codex structure a challenge.

The Codex is meant to be a complement to WordPress, not a replacement.
Users shouldn't have to have the Codex sitting next to them to figure
out how to push each button. The two must work hand in hand to help the
user "use" WordPress. While I long for simple and easy, push button
technology, we have to work what we have now. I'm very proud of everyone
who has contributed to the Codex because I know that you all believe in
this and it is an honor to work with people who care so much about
helping WordPress users use WordPress better.

--
Lorelle VanFossen
On the Road