[wp-docs] WordPress Themes and the Sponsored Themes Issue

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Thu Jul 12 19:22:27 GMT 2007

Lorelle VanFossen wrote:

> What we need to discuss is what to do with the list. I'm recommending we
> list Theme resources and direct readers to the Viewer and remove all the
> individual Theme links to save wear and tear on volunteers. Other ideas?
> Yeahs? Nays?

I think this is a good idea. Another thing to remove links to is
wordpress.org/extend/themes, since I think that is also obselete.

A big culprit for directing people to lots and lots of places is
     http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Themes
Are you proposing to take that list of resources out of "Using Themes"
and putting it in "Themes" instead? That sounds like an OK plan.
Maintaining the list of resources in two places sounds like a bad idea
to me.

It also seems a little pointless to have the "themes" article just
contain a short list of resources. Maybe "Themes" should be deleted,
or better yet, "Using Themes" content could be put into "Themes" and
"Using Themes" could be deleted?

     --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon

Poplar ProductivityWare * www.poplarware.com
Web Databases/Scripts * Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software