[wp-docs] Codex updates for 2.1?

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Thu Jan 18 17:35:27 GMT 2007

lorelle at cameraontheroad.com wrote:

> We have a little bit of clarification on WordPress Themes. WordPress Themes come
> in two flavors of technical support: helping those who know not what they do but
> want to do it anyway, and building your own Theme.

Yes, of course. I would not want to mess with the user-pointing
documentation on Themes, just the developer-pointing documentation.

> I have plans to update the whole table of contents, so don't get too focused on
> that as much as filling in the blanks as you've listed them. Have at the
> Development section, but stay tuned for some changes to the rest of the TOC structure

OK, will do. I still think that maintaining a TOC for developers in
two spots is prone to problems.

> One last remember. I'm on the team that believes that a new manual doesn't have
> to be written for every version. The older articles are great and just need
> updated information, so focus on integration into the existing or new
> documentation. No reason to throw out the baby and the bath water.

Well, the articles that need to have major updates for 2.1, on
functions and such for developers, are in pretty sad shape for the
2.0.x version anyway. Also, for function references, keeping track in
one article of functions from both versions is VERY confusing to the
reader (in my opinion, as a developer). So I will try to just
integrate as much as possible, but I think the function reference
articles do need to be kept separate.

     --Jennifer
--
Jennifer Hodgdon

Poplar ProductivityWare * www.poplarware.com
Web Databases/Scripts * Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software