[wp-docs] Codex updates for 2.1?

lorelle at cameraontheroad.com lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Thu Jan 18 06:54:26 GMT 2007

Looks good to me. I hope others will add their opinions.

We have a little bit of clarification on WordPress Themes. WordPress Themes come
in two flavors of technical support: helping those who know not what they do but
want to do it anyway, and building your own Theme.

The WordPress Lessons and Blog Design sections cover the first group fairly well,
though new material dedicated to them is always welcome. However, a section on
WordPress Theme Development dedicated specifically to those who want to develop
Themes for public release is great to expand upon under the Development section.

I'm totally thrilled with the Plugin and Theme distribution articles. I've been
begging for those for quite some time. Those definitely fit under Development.

How does that sound?

I have plans to update the whole table of contents, so don't get too focused on
that as much as filling in the blanks as you've listed them. Have at the
Development section, but stay tuned for some changes to the rest of the TOC structure

One last remember. I'm on the team that believes that a new manual doesn't have
to be written for every version. The older articles are great and just need
updated information, so focus on integration into the existing or new
documentation. No reason to throw out the baby and the bath water.

And thanks for jumping in on this.