[wp-docs] Re: [wp-hackers] Upgrade instructions fatally flawed for Mac

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 02:24:03 GMT 2007

I don't know where that came from, it always said to not overwrite
wp-contents...

I do know that the detailed instructions give this info, and it was always a
point of contention as to what the upgrade instructions should be.  If my
memory serves me correctly, Matt didn't want the basic upgrade instructions
to include the delete everything but wp-config and wp-content, then upload
new files instruction.  So perhaps in the editing, the important step of not
overwriting wp-content was left out.

I've CC'd this to wp-docs, perhaps Michael H or someone else who still
manages the codex will look into it.

MB