[wp-docs] More on banning from Wiki

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Wed Feb 21 15:06:58 GMT 2007

(Whoops, sent this to the wrong list this morning... must not be quite
awake yet)

So, it seemed like the banning from the Codex Wiki that I experienced
was pretty arbitrary -- the message on the screen referred to an IP
address that definitely wasn't mine. What software does the Codex use,
and should we (read "I") investigate/patch the banning logic to make
it a bit more intelligent? If it is arbitrarily banning people, it may
also be arbitrarily not banning spammers...

     --Jennifer