[wp-docs] Error on "Localizing WordPress" page

Matthew Paul Thomas mpt at myrealbox.com
Wed Aug 29 04:09:10 GMT 2007

I would like to correct an error in the Codex's instructions about how
to localize WordPress. This error apparently causes many people to
register WordPress projects on Launchpad when they shouldn't.
<https://launchpad.net/projects/?text=wordpress> Probably it also means
WordPress isn't being localized as much as it could be.

However, for the past couple of years, I have not been able to log in
to the Codex. And when I ask it to e-mail me my password, it never
does. So someone else will need to fix it. :-)

The error is in
<http://codex.wordpress.org/
Localizing_WordPress#Translating_With_Launchpad>. The seven steps
should be replaced by three:

     1.  Go to <https://launchpad.net/wordpress/2.1/+pots/wordpress>.

     2.  Choose "Log In / Register" at the top right, and log in with
         your Launchpad account (or create one if you don't have one
         already).

     3.  Choose a language to begin translating.

The URL in step 1 should be updated whenever a new version of WordPress
is released.

Thanks
--
Matthew Paul Thomas