[wp-docs] Redundancy in article titles

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 18:17:07 GMT 2007

HI Lorelle,

On 4/30/07, Lorelle VanFossen <lorelle at cameraontheroad.com> wrote:
> All APPROPRIATE usages. That's the key.
>
> Looking at that list, sure you are overwhelmed with all the WordPresses.
> But the user doesn't see that. They see "WordPress Function Reference"
> in their bookmark or saved resource links and remembers that this is the
> Function References for WordPress. Not much good "Function Reference"
> would do anyone as it sounds like a list of body functions or something
> weird.

My only point is that if this is true, then a lot of pages which don't
have WordPress should, like the Template_tags page, for one.

Oh well, I am sure we all know what's best for the collective - let's
not worry about the nitty-gritty :)

In the past too (if anyone checked out the thread I posted a link to)
the agreement seemed to be that one has to make a judicious decision
when, and when not to use WordPress in the page title. I have no
issues with that - not that my opinion matters the least bit now that
I am not active anymore. Let the titles not stop you from useful work.

Jeremy - since you were the one with the original question, I hope it
is at least a little clearer why we do what we do with respect to
having "WordPress" in the titles.

Have a good day, all,

Carthik.

> --