[wp-docs] Redundancy in article titles

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 15:01:45 GMT 2007

On 4/30/07, Ehi Akwara <akwara at hotmail.com> wrote:
> We are "advanced" users, who see it as redundant. let us not forget the
> growing community of new users, who will appreciate the reminder
>
> sometimes too much "effectiveness" destroys the intended effect; to help
> people use wordpress. the titles aid that. and that is the whole point, no?

Well, like I asked, where do you stop adding "WordPress" in the title, then?
It is good to have defined practices and follow them - recall rates go
higher... when I was an active support volunteer and documentor, I
used to remember many codex urls - based on the logical structure and
minimality of URLs. If you were to add WordPress to all the title,
that would solve this problem - albeit in a wasteful way (in my
opinion).

I honestly don't see how adding "WordPress" to title will help remind
people they are the wordpress codex, or that the article deals with
WordPress.

Also, too much effectiveness can't be but most effective - by definition. :)

Carthik.