[wp-docs] Redundancy in article titles

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Mon Apr 30 14:23:22 GMT 2007

Ehi Akwara wrote:
> Well there is nothing wrong with reinforcing the wordpress brand in
> users minds. what if someone saves that particular page as a bookmark?

That is not a problem. When you rename a page, the old title remains
around as a link to the new page, perhaps forever.

However, can you want to start changing titles until some consensus is
reached? One person posted a gripe, and one person answered that he
agreed, so far.

I personally prefer titles like "WordPress Lessons" over "Lessons"
(seems more specific and friendly somehow). Also "WordPress Coding
Standards" makes it clear that the coding standards apply to all of
WordPress (as opposed to Theme Coding Standards, Plugin Coding
Standards, etc.). "Getting Started with WordPress" rather than
"Getting Started" -- makes it clear that it is not going to cover how
to get started with blogging in general, acquire web hosting, etc.

Just my 2 cents...

        Jennifer