[wp-docs] Codex down; is there a better support address?

Jerry Peek jpeek at jpeek.com
Tue Nov 7 16:27:43 GMT 2006

Yesterday I was getting "500 Internal Server Error" pages from
codex.wordpress.org.  Today some of the pages are there; others time out
with errors like these:

Looking up codex.wordpress.org
Making HTTP connection to codex.wordpress.org
Sending HTTP request.
HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
Alert!: Unexpected network read error; connection aborted.
Can't Access `http://codex.wordpress.org/About_WordPress'
Alert!: Unable to access document.

I tried several different browsers on two computers in different parts
of the US, so I think it's not my problem.  Can someone here check on it?

Thanks,
Jerry

P.S. Sorry to send this to a Forum (where my message will be archived
and sent to everyone on the list).  I can't access the page
http://codex.wordpress.org/Special:Listadmins to find the admins' User
Talk pages, and I couldn't find any other support address -- except a
whois lookup for the domain wordpress.org, and I already emailed Matt
Mullenweg yesterday about the "500" errors..