[wp-docs] Theme removal question

Mike at Green-Beast.com mikecherim at green-beast.com
Fri Jun 2 13:45:10 GMT 2006

Hello Group,

I just signed up here because I added a theme I've been busting my butt on
to the Codex themes list (under 3 column) and it was swiftly removed. This
is my second theme, the first has been on the two-column list for a year,
never had a problem, it's been download nearly 6000 times.

So far the feedback about this new theme has been excellent. I went to great
lengths to allow non-technical users to add their flikr, and skype, stats,
contact form, and such without making the theme invalid or inaccessible.
Same with styles and all sorts of stuff. The functionality of this theme is
pretty deep. But none of it affects the operability or update-ability of WP
itself. My theme adds to WP, but doesn't interfere or take away from it.
Using the links template, I even added a facility for someone to create a
full-fledged dynamic site map for added accessibility.

As far as I know the only place I strayed from the recommendations is that I
used a lot of shorthand PHP (I didn't see that new recommendation until it
was too late). I wouldn't suspect my theme would be removed from the Codex
for *that* would it?

I want to replace the Codex entry, but obviously won't until I can ensure
it's not going to be removed and I'm not breaking any rules. I spilled a lot
of blood and sweat making this one so I'd hate to see it dismissed
summararily.

Can someone tell me why it was removed and may I put it back.

Here's is the forum post announcing the theme (a respondent suggest I ask
here): http://wordpress.org/support/topic/74190

And here is the theme demo (the entire site is devoted to theme support):
http://green-beast.com/seabeast/

In advance, thanks.

Sincerely,
Mike Cherim