[wp-docs] Simpler Upgrade Guide

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 21:30:17 GMT 2006

Have at it:
http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Carthik/Five_Step_Upgrade

Please don't feel upset at me for making it look simpler - it is quite
simple. I suppose it's the fact that a lot of people would just be
looking to upgrade now, and might be turned off by the detailed
upgrade instructions which make it look harder than it is that I wrote
this up.

Should serve as an easy upgrade guide for all users, except the very
few who have committed virtual hara-kiri by hacking the original code
to pieces or some such.

for the future: it would be nice if there were a simple explanation as
to "WHY" a user is expected to carry out a step, so they can apply
their reasoning and intelligence and do whatever more is neccessary,
as per their individual circumstances.

Regards,
Carthik.
--