[wp-docs] 5-Step Upgrade in Upgrading WordPress

Kaf Oseo kaf at szub.net
Fri Feb 17 02:24:14 GMT 2006

Everyone,

I hope this doesn't inflame things further (sorry for not stepping in
before), but I find it amazing so few people here accept that a brief
upgrade document cannot mention both overwriting and deleting as user
options.

Step 1 is broken down into two individual steps (which really makes
this a six step guide, but let's not quibble) while step 3 is a single
paragraph, less than 100 words. If we can give up another 100 (150,
maximum) to the art of upgrading, I'll tackle a rewrite on this which
informs both overwriting and deleting, while stepping around concerns
over possible user confusion about the two.

Are we fine with that?

-Kaf