[wp-docs] 5-Step Upgrade in Upgrading WordPress

Vogel, Andrew (vogelap) VOGELAP at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Thu Feb 16 19:43:56 GMT 2006

Actually, if the upgrade documentation SPECIFICALLY said what files to
delete that would be better, IMO, than saying, "Delete the wp-content
directory, being sure not to delete your xxx sub-directory under
wp-content". If a user doesn't pre-read (and Lord knows that most of
them do NOT), they'll miss the exceptions.

I've never seen an app that instructs you to delete everything first. I
know that WordPress is special; I don't understand what's special about
it that requires me to delete instead of overwrite.

What is the estimated percentage of installations that encounter the
"overwrite issue"?

-andrew vogel
Manager of Professional Programs
University of Cincinnati