[wp-docs] 5-Step Upgrade in Upgrading WordPress

Vogel, Andrew (vogelap) VOGELAP at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Thu Feb 16 18:24:28 GMT 2006

So if the user uploads an ARCHIVE of the latest release of WordPress and
extracts it, overwriting (but not deleting) existing files, the
potential problem is avoided altogether?

This speaks well for a script that automagically checks for and
(optionally) downloads & installs newer versions.

-andrew vogel
Manager of Professional Programs
University of Cincinnati
College of Pharmacy