[wp-docs] Newbie - Docs

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 18:45:26 GMT 2006

On 2/10/06, Matt <geeker87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I've just signed up to Codex and started an entry for the function
> reference. Just one thing I want to clear up - which functions do we
> need docs on? Is it all the functions in the project, just ones
> availible to plugin developers, or just ones listed in the function
> reference?

Matt,
When I'm faced with a question like that, I decide aftr asking myself
three questions:

1) What complete subset of the problem will I be able to finish with
minimal effort (so that I don't leave an incomplete work-in-progress
behind)
2) What complete subset of the problem will be most useful to the most
people when it is completed?
3) What problem will I have the most fun finishing?

Replace problem with task, and you have the perfect way to answer the
question :)
The superset (of which there are subsets) could be "writing
documentation for wordpress" or something with a finer granularity,
like "writing function references for all wordpress functions".

Regards,
Carthik.

> Cheers for your time,
>
> Matt