[wp-docs] Upgrade instructions too hard?

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Wed Feb 1 10:10:49 GMT 2006

Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> There is a balance between being ridiculously thorough and not
> overwhelming people. I think we weigh towards the latter right now.

What we really need is another article: How to make your upgrading
easier. For instance, wrapping every function call in if()statements.
Again though, plugin authors need to play this game too.

Also, what about graded instructions - literally the 'short version' and
the 'long version' ? A changelog version can be figured out by the
individual themselves.

It's also possible to write a generic upgrade doc from which all others
can be quickly built.

P.