[wp-docs] Modify installation page to mention wordpress@example.com?

Jerry Peek jpeek at jpeek.com
Thu Dec 21 20:12:30 GMT 2006

On 21 December 2006 at 15:03, "Ritchie, Josiah S." <jritchie at bible.edu> wrote:
> Why would anyone send something to that address in normal practice? You
> think it might happen on a site with multiple loosely connected
> contributors or something?

One reason is that there may be bounces coming back to wordpress at wherever
due to bad email addresses in messages that WordPress sends automatically.
The people administering WordPress should know that they've got a bad
email address in their system.  Also, there's a chance that someone will
write to this address looking for help or wanting to send a comment.

If the intention is to have no replies sent to this address, maybe it
should be changed to something like no-reply at wherever.

> There are a variety of spam related reasons why using a different domain
> might be a bad idea for sending these emails. Perhaps changing the
> account, the part before the domain could be done. I'm not sure what the
> implications of simply including a Reply-To header might be, but perhaps
> that would be the best solution.

The Reply-To header sounds like a good idea.

Jerry