[wp-docs] Modify installation page to mention wordpress@example.com?

Ritchie, Josiah S. jritchie at bible.edu
Thu Dec 21 20:03:56 GMT 2006

Why would anyone send something to that address in normal practice? You
think it might happen on a site with multiple loosely connected
contributors or something?

> I created a mail alias on my server to forward wordpress at myhost.com
> to me.  I'm thinking that would be a good thing to add to the page
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress .  But I thought
> there might be a reason why this isn't mentioned -- even as an
> "optional" step.  And I also wonder where to put this info in that
> install doc: it doesn't seem to fit anywhere, so I'm thinking that
> a new section would be the right place.  Finally: some users can't
> set up arbitrary email addresses on their server, so maybe they'd
> want to change the wordpress email address to something else (like
> an account at Yahoo, their personal email address, etc.)

There are a variety of spam related reasons why using a different domain
might be a bad idea for sending these emails. Perhaps changing the
account, the part before the domain could be done. I'm not sure what the
implications of simply including a Reply-To header might be, but perhaps
that would be the best solution.

JSR/